COBIT 5 is the latest edition of ISACA’s framework for governance and management of enterprise IT and is the only business framework which is globally accepted.
There are several benefits to both the participants and to the organization which is the following:
Benefits to the individuals
- Understand levels IT-related risk awareness to improve prevention, detection, and recovery from information security perils.
- Provide tools for high-quality information enabling sound business decisions.
- Understand COBIT’s approach and its relationship with other IT best practices, meet regulatory, statutory and government requirements as well.
Benefit for Organizations
- Achieve strategic goals and business benefits through latest, innovative approach in IT practices.
- Meet regulatory and contractual compliances and gain a competitive edge.
- Reduce complexity and improve cost-effectiveness by easier integration of information security standards.
- Adopting good practices and/following sector-specific guidelines for operational excellence through efficient application of technology.
There are several training institutes who have partnered with ISACA that provide virtual classroom training and self-paced E-learning apart from regular classroom training.
# Rank 1: Apmg-cyber.com: They offer training in collaboration with Ayilur Ramnath and individual trainers like Mahesh Pandey which cover both classroom training and E-learning program as well.
A) The foundation level covers the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques, and provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools models and includes 5 principles and 7 enablers. COBIT 5 builds and expands on COBIT 4.1 by integrating the following
- SACA’s Val IT and Risk IT
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library ITIL
- Organization for Standardization (ISO)
B) COBIT® 5 Implementation provides a set of guidance on management and governance and prerequisites are
- Successful completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam
- Successful completion of the COBIT 5 Implementation Course
c) COBIT®5 Assessor Training Course that provides methods to help guide implementation activities
- Successful completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam
- Successful completion of the COBIT 5 Assessor Course
Interested participants can also buy
COBIT 5 – A Business Framework
COBIT 5 – Implementation
COBIT – Assessor Guide: Using COBIT 5
Duration and Fee: Need to contact Institute for more details
Trainer: Trainers are par excellence who’ve worked with Indian and multinational companies in India and abroad, delivering training and consulting services across the globe, across industries.
Value of the Certification: This course is accredited by APMG 4 questions per paper with 20 marks with 50% passing grades.
Value of the Institute: Good trainers and the institute covers different levels and aspects of COBIT 5
# Rank 2: COBIT 5 Foundation by careeracademy.com – One of the simplified learning program on COBIT 5 Foundation where participants learn about an overview and key features of COBIT 5 and COBIT 5 principles and enablers. Candidates are responsible for their own learning and after understanding the terms and concepts they need to participate in discussions with the online mentoring community, sharing experiences, quizzes and exercises and attempt sample papers.
There are follow-up programs further available on
- Implementation aimed at consultants and practitioners who are involved in implementing COBIT5
- Assessor (in development) aimed at aimed at consultants and practitioners who need to perform process assessment and determination and support of process capability models.
Value of certification: The exam has 50 questions and requires 50% passing marks and for trainers, it needs a 60% passing marks.
Credibility of the institute: Global leader in online video-based learning solutions for IT, Cyber Security, Project Management, IT Service Management. They provide most up to date self-paced career certifications.
# Rank 3: Skill Metrix: Provides Foundation training on the understanding of COBIT® 5 that covers the following:
- Introduction to COBIT® 5 Training
- Understand the governance and management of enterprise IT
- Assess the current state of enterprise IT in your department or organization
- Create awareness among your business executives and senior IT management
- Find out the Scope and aspects of COBIT® 5 which would be appropriate to implement.
- COBIT 5 program covers the 7 enablers.
Duration and fee: Skill Metrix provides a 2 days Training & exam at the end of the session
Value of the institute: Skill Metrix is an approved training organisation -An ATO appointed by APMG- World’s leading accreditation and exam institute on COBIT.
# Rank 4: theknowledgeacademy.com provides a fully accredited program on COBIT® 5 foundation training certification. The COBIT® 5 foundation program includes exam fee, course material, and certificate. The program is an 8 hours instructor led high-quality training with interactive support.
- Exam Preparation
- The Knowledge Academy COBIT Foundation courseware folder
- Experienced Instructors
Their online program includes following features:
- Mobile and Tablet Compatible
- Interactive Training
- 24/7 Access from Anywhere
- Technical and Admin Support
- Mock Exams and Questions
The online package includes
- 40 Hours (on average)
- 90 Days Access
- Certificate of completion
Duration and fee: For virtual classes its Rs. Rs107199 approx and for online course, one needs to contact
Trainers: All of our instructors are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in COBIT methodologies.
Value of the certificate: 50 multiple-choice questions that require a score of 50% or higher to pass.
Value of the institute: Training program fully accredited by ISACA
# Rank 5: ADEPT imparts foundation level training on COBIT® 5 followed by an exam that contains 50 question with 50% passing marks. However, there isn’t much of an information or details related to the program except that one needs to contact the coordinator for more information.
Trainers: Adept has a large number of Trainer and Consultant base of Over 300 Specialists
Reputation of the institute: Completed 14 years of training and delivered training for over 100000 professionals. They have several physical & satellite training centers in major Indian cities including Singapore, Malaysia, UAE, and others.