PMP is based on project management book of knowledge PMBOK which is an official publication from the Project Management Institute (PMI)®, USA. The PMI global standards provide guidelines and rules for project, program and portfolio management.
PMP)® is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. It is globally recognized and proves participants have the competency to successfully lead and direct a project. For those who are already on the roles of a project manager can go for this certification. It is predicted that India will emerge as the fastest growing country for project management-oriented jobs. Prospects and salary of a PMP certified managers are high. For the benefit of our readers lets discuss the exam and preparation costs of the program.
Fee: although those registered with PMI get some relaxation, the exam fee is $450 for registered members and $550 for non-registered members.
Training requirements: As per PMI requirement, one needs to have undergone a minimum 35 hours of formal training before they can take up the exam. However, training rates vary between 15K to 20K depending on the institute.
Preparatory curriculum: The best practice guide on PMP issued by PMI covers vast topic under PMBOK guide which is the bible for PMI preparation however there are other relevant materials like Rita Mulcahy’s 8th Edition, The Velociteach all-In-one prep kit, McGraw-Hill’s PMP exam guide and the Head First PMP.
# Rank 1: QAI: QAI is a Global Registered Education Provider – R.E.P with PMI®, and their course is designed to help individuals prepare for the CAPM® Examination. To add to the rich background that they already have in training and consulting, their workshop is practical and aims at delivering intense instructor-led training for CAPM® exam aspirants and also aims to train them to be effective Project Managers.
Participants completing the Core PM course are entitled to get:
- Twenty Three (23) PMI® PDU certificate for taking CAPM® exam or maintaining any of the PMI® credentials.
- Take a full-fledged 200 question Mock test to assess their preparedness
- After the participants learn how to use PMBOK® Guide – Fifth Edition they are accessed on the readiness of taking the CAPM® examination
Fee and duration: 4-day program fee costs Rs.12,500
Value of the institute: QAI is a global workforce development and consulting organization that offers the best training, certification, and consultancy on courses like PMP, PRINCE2, ITIL, Six Sigma etc.
#Rank 2: SKILLOGIC: They offer a 5-day classroom training program to clear the PMP certification. The training aims at intensive trainer and participants engagement designed to clear the exam in the first attempt and they take full responsibility until the participant clears the exam.
- Unlimited Classroom Revision
- 5 Full PMP® ONLINE Simulation Mock Tests to check your Exam Readiness
- 35 Contact Hours (PDU) Certificate
Trainers: Conducted by Industry best-certified trainers who have practical approach
Duration and Fee: 5-day training program for Rs. 14,500
Reputation of the institute: They deliver globally accredited course contents that are independently accessed by international bodies. They offer training on courses such as PRINCE2, ITIL, Six Sigma, PMP and more.
#Rank 3: STAR PMO: They offer a good mix of a classroom as well as E-learning module for better learning and more interactive sessions.
They have different preparatory courses:
- Online PMP preparation-Standard course
- Blended course
Highlights – Blended course
- 2 full days of in-person interaction with our PMP ® training consultant
- Complete online access to PMP ® Preparation Course for one Month.
- Weekly webinar after the classroom training for continued learning and assistance for query resolution
- 200 Questions, 4 hours PMP ® Simulation Tests
- One textbook – Andy Crowe-Pass PMP on the first attempt
- Free premium listing on executive placement portal (Hiresmart).
- 35 Contact Hours PDP.
- More than 16+ online PMP Simulation Exams worth Rs.5000/- for FREE).
Trainers: All trainers are PMP certified, senior managers in top-notch companies with 10+ years of corporate management experience
Duration and Fee: 4-Day program fee upon contractibility with the institute.
#Rank 4: Synergy School of Business Studies: One of India’s largest management training institute providing short-term programs. They are world’s largest education provider for PMI and have been delivering training since 2001.
- Assured* Pass on the first attempt
- More than 3200 PMP sample Questions
- Additional 30 Days validity to access to Synergy’s Benchmark Exam Portal
- Assessment on the Mock Exam taken by the participants in the Exam Portal
- One time Reimbursement of PMP® Re-exam fee of US 275 (Membership is compulsory)
Course Duration and Fee: 4-Day program fee upon contractibility with the institute.
Reputation of the institute: They are world’s largest education provider for PMI and have been delivering training since 2001.
#Rank 5: Bridging Minds: Bridging Minds is a leading Project Management training and consulting organisation. They have trained more than 15,000 aspirants on PRINCE2, ITIL, Oracle Primavera, PMP and more. For an exhaustive information check out their link – https://www.bridgingminds.in/faq
- 2000 quality questions and 1 mock test
- Post-training application support and PMP eligibility assessment
Duration and Fee: Need to contact the Institute for more info.
Trainers: The core team possesses experience of more than 15 years of experience in portfolio, project and program management consulting.
Reputation of the institute: Their team has delivered more than 500 open house training programs, 50 corporate training programs across India.